Soundtrack backstory: a few years ago when this song first came out it was about this time of the year when I became seriously obsessed (as well as my children who would sing "do you do you do you wanna…" from the backseat). I think that it’s only appropriate that this song is the song for today:
• • • • • • • • •
SAVE OUR STATE PARK (and all the others). Please link here and follow the directions, send some mail to our good Governor and the State of Illinois to make your voice heard. It is reprehensible (and the more I think about the more I am outraged) that any of our State Parks are being taken away from the good people of our state.
There was a walk from Channahon State Park to Stratten State Park in Morris on Sunday. We did a small part of the walk (I couldn’t imagine the girls making the 17 mile walk that day) and went to the rally. Excuse the snapshotty nature of these, really quick photo grabs:
All readers that reside in Illinois: please please I beg you to give the Governors’ Office a call or drop them a letter. PLEASE sign the petition at petition.org. On behalf of over 30,000 people in the state that have already signed I thank you in advance.
• • • • • • • • •
More Sunday fun! We spent some time at Dollinger’s Family Farm in Minooka. I promise you if you go here for pumpkins and fun you will not regret the drive out to Minooka. Dollinger’s is an amazing amazing place. Best of all admission is free!! There is also hayrides, corn maze (we did both, good times), face painting, haunted barn (which is housed in the historic I&M canal mule barn) and lots more. Check it out if you can. The kids love this place–honestly it’s a hard place to not love…
A few images:
• • • • • • • • •
I’m so behind with the tagging blog. So here goes! To the wonderful Corey, thanks for the tag! 🙂 You must know I have that guilt trip thing that makes me HAVE to do these sort of things! 😉
The rules are:
1. Post the rules on your blog.
2. Write 7 random things about yourself.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post.
4. Pass on the tag.
Seven random facts about me:
- My oldest sibling is 22 years my senior. That makes him, ooooh, close to retirement age in a few years!
- My youngest sibling is 17 years my senior, that’s my youngest. I think it’s safe to say I’m an oops! Hopefully a good oops! 🙂
- I grew up speaking Polish before English. In fact, English being my second language as I started speaking English only after starting kindergarten.
- One of my oldest and dearest friends was in kindergarten with me and remembers me as "that Spanish girl" because of course, everyone who spoke a different language speaks Spanish! 😉
- My passion for Canon and photography began about the same time when my youngest brother (who was 20 something at the time) bought his first Canon film SLR, an AE-1 body. I still remember him allowing me to hold it and look through the viewfinder.
- I love a good Bloody Mary and am fortunate to have my studio near one of the best places in the world (IMO) for one, Hayden’s Place.
- I had a very bad Bloody Mary episode in my early 20’s where I spilled one on a girl from high school in a very unfortunate mishap in which her beautiful black dress was ruined (I sort of lost my balance, go figure). I still feel bad. So if you catch me on a rare occasion where I have a drink in hand you may want to keep your distance. 😛 And Kendra, if you’re reading this…call me on my business line, I will totally make it up to you!!
Ok, finally. Done! THanks for stopping by and please please please do NOT forget to stop by and sign the online petition and / or send some snail mail love to our governor about State Park and Historic Site closures. TIme is running out to save the heritage, history and amazing recreational areas of our states!