In my role of suburban Chicago professional children’s and family photographer I believe that award achievement and press is vital for all truly professional photographers. Both help distinguish those who are dedicated to the art and profession from those who may dabble in photography.
I have been fortunate to experience many kind words, press and recognition by other photographers, here I have showcased a few highlights of my professional career. Hopefully this helps the “finding-a-photographer-for-my-family” decision you are making a bit easier for you. Awards, achievements, recognition are great qualifiers to a good photographer but my many repeat clients are my most treasured of all rewards as a photographer. Watching my clients’ littles and their family relationships grow has been the biggest honor bestowed on me as a photographer.
• Professional Photographer Magazine, May 2012. Table of Contents, The Goods section and article: HOLISTIC VIEW: A positive influence guides Marianne Drenthe
• Rangefinder Magazine, August 2011. COVER & article. Article: WE ARE FAMILY
• Quirky Kids Captured by Erin Gallagher for The Patch (various editions), September 2011
• WPPI Show Guide 2011, published by Rangefinder. Marianne Drenthe’s work representing the Children’s and Senior photography genre for the 2011 Convention in Las Vegas
• National Geographic Traveler Magazine, January 2011
• Professional Photographer Magazine. Various months. Marianne has been reviewing photography related products (Kodak Film Portra 400 (online), Kodak Film Ektar 100 (magazine, 2010), Tamara Lackey DVD (online), Lensbaby (magazine, 2011), Nik Silver Efex (magazine, 2011), DxO Optics Software and writing various freelance articles for the Professional Photographer Magazine Blog
• Honorable Mention for the 5th Annual Black and White Spider Awards in Advertising
• Photographing Children: Photo Workshop, First Edition by Felch & Jones, published by Wiley Publications
• Guest Judge on the I Heart Faces site
• Featured Guest Photographer on the Photographer Café site
I also run the See The Light Workshop site. STL Workshop is where you can find the incredibly popular Marmalade Colour & More Photoshop Action Set there as well as the best selling: The Only Pricing Guide You Will Ever Need pricing guide for photographers. I also sell my workshop seats and 1:1 mentorships for photographers via the STL site.
I am also the author & creator of the Professional Child Photographer project, an informational FAQ for custom photographers and the public. http://www.professionalchildphotographer.com
If you are looking for a Suburban Chicago professional children’s and family photographer who is qualified to create beautiful quality artwork for your home, look no further than right here. Give us a call if you have any questions or would like to chat: 815-603-8450